This week we look at which popular wine and cheeses from Europe are best paired together. This is the essential entertainers guide to wine and cheese, the must-know bible to enhance any dinner party.
- Chardonnay – Creamy French brie with white meat dishes
- Merlot – Smoky Gouda cheese with red meat dishes
- Cabinet Sauvignon – Sharp white cheddar with hearty English dishes
- Chianti – Nutty parmesan cheese with Italian pasta dishes
- Sauvignon Blanc – Creamy Mozzarella or Gruyere with Italian dishes or salads
- Riesling – Strong Blue stilton with meaty dishes or salads
- Pinot Giorgio – Creamy ricotta with pasta Italian dishes
Here’s to some of the most popular wines paired with some top cheeses with some much-loved dishes from the UK, France and Italy. These wines and dishes are all year-round favourites that can be enjoyed in any season. The key is to choose the right wine to best compliment the dish and bring out the flavours.