A quick and easy stir-fried sweet and sour pork and prawns with aromatic jasmine rice
Sweet and Sour Pork and Prawns
A quick and easy stir-fried sweet and sour pork and prawn dish with aromatic jasmine rice
- 200g raw prawns, peeled
- 300g pork fillet, diced
- 300g jasmine rice
- One tin (200 g) pineapple chunks, drained
- 90g spring onions, sliced
- 200g red peppers, cored and sliced
- 20g fresh coriander leaves
- 30ml groundnut oil
For the sauce
- 30g corn flour
- 30ml tomato ketchup
- 90ml rice wine vinegar
- 30ml soy sauce
- 60g soft brown sugar
- For the sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and add 100 ml water. Mix together well until smooth and cook until the mixture starts boiling. Reduce it to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pot of salted water for 10 minutes until it becomes tender but remains firm and drain into a colander.
- Pour half of the measured oil into a wok and add in the spring onions along with the red pepper slices. Stir fry for a minute until they are heated through and remove from heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same wok and add the pork. Stir fry for 5 minutes until just cooked and stir in the prawns. Stir fry for another minute then return the stir-fried veggies back into the wok and add the pineapple chunks. Pour in the sauce and stir them all together until the ingredients are warmed through and remove from heat.
- Arrange a bed of jasmine rice on each serving plate and pile up equal amounts of the stir-fried mixture on top of each serving. Scatter the cilantro leaves over them to garnish.
- Serve warm.
- Level: Easy