A deliciously simple seafood summer paella, with chicken, chorizo, prawns and mussels.
Summer Seafood Paella
A deliciously simple seafood paella, with chicken, chorizo, prawns and mussels
- One pack (230 g) Paella Rice Mix
- 200g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 200g raw mussels
- 90g mini chorizos, diced
- 100g chopped onion
- 100g roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 80g fresh cilantro sprigs, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 500ml good-quality chicken stock, hot
- 15ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drizzle oil in a skillet and heat it over medium flame. Toss the chorizo chunks and onions into the pan and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the latter softens. Empty the paella rice mix into the pan and give a nice stir to mix well.
- Cook the rice for 2 minutes until it is slightly toasted and pour in the heated chicken stock. Place a lid on top and bring it to a simmer over gentle flame. Cook for 10 minutes and throw in the prawns, mussels and sliced red peppers.
- Sprinkle a dash of seasonings to taste and stir them all together to distribute evenly. Return the lid on top and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked perfectly and the rice tenderize.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and serve warm.
- Level: Easy