This deliciously Rabbit And Tomato Pasta Ribbons recipe using a light rabbit and tomato sauce with flat egg pasta ribbons.
Rabbit And Tomato Pasta Ribbons
A deliciously simple and light rabbit and tomato sauce with flat egg pasta ribbons
- 1 rabbit, jointed and chopped into 3 pieces
- 300g fettuccine
- 100g onion, finely chopped
- 18g garlic cloves
- 400g canned plum tomatoes
- One fresh tarragon sprig, leaves picked
- 15g butter
- 45ml olive oil
- 2g sugar
- 100ml white wine
- Grated parmesan, to garnish
- Heat a lashing of oil in a large casserole pan and place the rabbit pieces into it. Cook until they brown all over and set aside on a plate. Toss the onion and garlic into the same pan along with a dash of salt. Place a lid on top and let them sweat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they soften without browning.
- Drain the canned tomatoes and mash them with the back of a spoon into a pulp without extracting much juice. Place the rabbit pieces back into the pan and tip the tomato pulp over them. Pour in the wine and 100ml water followed by a sprinkling of sugar. Cook for half an hour or until the meat is tender enough to separate from the bones.
- Drain the meat chunks with a slotted spoon and set aside on a chopping board until cool enough to touch. Pull of the meat from the bones and stir them back into the sauce; throw away the bones. Simmer the sauce gently to keep warm and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted boiling water to a boil and lower the fettuccine into it. Cook until al dente and divide them among individual plates.
- Ladle the rabbit meat and sauce over the pasta and dot with butter. Scatter the tarragon leaves on top of each serving and grate the Parmesan on top. Serve warm.
- Level: Easy