A winter warming Pumpkin Chilli and Coconut Soup with creamy coconut milk and a spicy kick of chilli and ginger.
Pumpkin Chilli and Coconut Soup
A winter warming pumpkin soup with creamy coconut milk and a spicy kick of chilli and ginger
- 400 ml coconut milk 1 medium pumpkin, halved, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into 1’’ cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- ½ Scotch bonnet chili, de-seeded and chopped
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toss the pumpkin cubes, onion, garlic and ginger into a large saucepan. Scatter the chopped chili and fresh thyme leaves on top; stir to mix well. Add 400 ml water into the pan and cook the mixture until it starts boiling. Continue to do so until the pumpkins are cooked enough to turn mushy.
- Pour in the coconut milk followed by a pinch of salt and reduce the soup to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes and ladle the soup into serving bowls.
- Serve piping hot.
- Level: Easy