Easy and delicious, pork and peach kebabs with fresh zesty green salad
Pork and Peach Kebabs
Easy and delicious, pork and peach kababs with fresh zesty green salad
- 500 g lean pork fillets, fat trimmed off and chopped into large dices
- 300 g peaches, halved, pitted and chopped into large chunks
- 100 g watercress
- 200 g Little Gem lettuces
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated and juiced
- 5 g Dijon mustard
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml clear honey
- Dip 8 wooden skewers into cold water and let them soak for 5 minutes. Pour the honey and most of the lemon juice into a small bowl and stir in the grated lemon zest.
- Insert the pork chunks into a skewer, alternating with peach pieces and baste them generously with the above mixture and place in the fridge for 10 hours over night.
- Fire up your outdoor barbeque and brush the grill grate with oil to grease. Place the pork and peach skewers on the hot grate and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning them over at close intervals, until they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel off the lettuce leaves and wash them under running water. Shake off any excess water and place it in a large bowl along with watercress. Pour in the remaining lemon juice as well as
- Dijon mustard and drizzle the oil on top. Sprinkle a dash each of salt and pepper to season. Toss to mix thoroughly and serve alongside the warm pork-peach kebabs.
- Tip: Can cook under the grill if preferred.
- Level - Easy