Homemade mini beef burgers served on toasted cheese croutons
Mini Beef Burgers
Homemade mini beef burgers, served on toasted cheese croutons
- 350g ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 80g onion, finely chopped
- 4g mixed herbs, finely chopped
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs
- 250g chili powder (avoid if you can’t handle heat)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- Toasted cheese croutons, to serve
- Warm up your oven to 220 degrees C. Place the ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add in rest of the ingredients. Work them together with your hand until mixed thoroughly and roll the entire mixture into a large ball. Pinch out small portions and roll each of them into a small ball. Press it gently between your palms to shape into a patty and set aside.
- Place a skillet on the stovetop and pour in enough olive oil required for shallow-frying. Heat over medium flame and place the mini patties on the hot skillet, few at a time. Shallow fry each side for a couple of minutes and slide them onto a plate. Keep warm until all the meat patties are cooked.
- Place one mini burger on top of a toasted cheese crouton and serve warm.
- Level: Easy