Colourful Mediterranean roast veg with red peppers and onions, aubergine and courgette
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Colourful Mediterranean roasted vegetables with red peppers and onions, aubergine and courgette.
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 3 red peppers
- 200g char-grilled artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 30ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Warm up your oven to 220 degrees C. Slice the aubergine and courgette into ¼’’ rounds and put them into a roasting pan. Chop off the stems of the peppers and scrape out their seeds then slice them into ¼’’ strips and add them into the pan.
- Throw in rest of the vegetables along with the crushed garlic and smother them with a generous drizzling of oil. Sprinkle a dash each of salt and freshly ground black pepper on top and toss them all together to coat well.
- Place the pan in the hot oven to roast the vegetables for 20 minutes, add in the artichoke hearts and continue to roast briefly for another 5-10 minutes or until they are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and set the vegetables aside to cool then transfer them in a bowl and add a good dash of vinegar into it. Toss to coat well and serve right away.
- Tip: This can be adapted to whatever veg you happen to have in the fridge, try bright colourful veg such as mixed coloured peppers, tomatoes and courgettes with butternut squash and aubergine.
- Level: Easy