Easy, tasty Gluten Free Banana And Cherry Bread without the gritty dryness you get with shop bought gluten free products.
Gluten Free Banana And Cherry Bread
Easy, tasty treat bread without the gritty dryness you get with shop bought gluten free products
- 175g white rice flour
- 50g corn flour
- 110g butter, at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 75g sultanas
- 40g cherries
- 9g gluten-free baking powder
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1" fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 30ml brandy
- One dash ground nutmeg
- One dash ground cinnamon
- Pour the whisky in a small bowl and add the sultanas and cherries then set aside for half an hour to allow them to soak.
- Place the butter in another bowl and beat rigorously along with sugar until the mixture fluffs up.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, and beat it into the mixture after every addition until well combined.
- Peel the bananas and toss them into a separate bowl, mash them with a fork until smooth and stir it into the wet mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and sift into the above mixture. Fold them together into a smooth, uniform mixture and stir in the fruits until evenly distributed. Transfer this mixture into a pre-greased loaf pan and bake in the hot oven for 1-1 ½ hours or until baked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
- Level: Easy