Share these juicy beef skewers with friends they will love them
Beef Skewers with Horseradish
Share these juicy beef skewers with friends
- 500g beef rump, 1"cubed
- 200g sour cream
- 45g horseradish, freshly grated
- 30ml worcestershire sauce
- 23ml red wine vinegar
- 30ml red port
- 2.5g dijon mustard
- 60ml olive oil
- 12g chives, chopped
- 4g dried rosemary leaves
- 1g sea salt
- Place the beef chunks into a Ziploc bag and pour in the vinegar. Spoon in 15g of grated horseradish and dried rosemary leaves followed by a drizzling of olive oil, port and Worcestershire sauce.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat the beef nicely with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours to marinate. Remove the bag from refrigerator and allow the beef to rise up to room temperature. Meanwhile, dip the bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- For the dip, mix the rest of the grated horseradish into the sour cream until well combined. Stir in most of the chopped chives, Dijon mustard and a large pinch of salt until mixed thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to high. Insert 4 beef cubes into each bamboo skewer and place on the pre-greased grill grate. Cook one side for 4-5 minutes before turning them over to cook the other side in a similar fashion until the meat is nicely cooked. Arrange the skewered beef on a large serving platter and sprinkle the reserved chopped chives on top.
- Serve alongside the bowl of horseradish dip.
- Tip: If you are pushed for time, why not buy a jar of store cupboard horseradish sauce.
- Level: Easy