This week we bring you top ten life-changing food hacks to revolutionise the way you cook and eat forever. From preventing cereal from going soggy to making takeaway packaging into a plate to save you washing up the dishes.
- The trays you get from takeaways open into a plate, simply by folding down the sides! Save yourself a tone of washing up!
- Keep cereal in a bowl and the milk in a separate cup. Take some cereal with a spoon and then some milk from the cup when you are ready to eat it, this will ensure that your cereal stays crunchy yet moist.
- The hole in a spaghetti spook measures one portion of spaghetti.
- Use the hole in your pan handle to hold your wooden spoon to keep it upright to prevent a mess over the kitchen surfaces.
- Remove avocado stems to assess ripeness and use lemon to keep fresh.
- Wrap the top of banana stems with cling film to preserve for 4-5 days longer.
- Natural yoghurt or creamed coconut can be a good substitute for many cooking ingredients including butter, oil, mayonnaise, crème fresh, milk, sour cream, cream cheese, butter milk and double cream.
- Freeze red and white wine in cubes for cooking with.
- Place an apple in a bag of potatoes to prevent them from budding.
- Keep a paper towel in with your salad container until ready to eat until ready to eat to prevent it from going soggy.
Stay tuned for more life-changing food hacks coming soon!